Flying By The Seat of Your Pants
UPDATE APRIL 25, 2018: Unfortunately, this 2-part event scheduled for May 2 and May 15 at Glazer’s Camera has been postponed indefinitely. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you purchased a ticket through EventBrite your purchase will automatically be refunded to you. We hope to reschedule one or more of these later this year, please stay tuned for details. In the meantime, please join us in the Fall for our special evening with conservation and environmental photographer, Daniel Beltra. Stay tuned to our Events Page for details. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.
Flying By The Seat of Your Pants, A Four-Part Series
Who's looking for information on how to get more work? How about the nuts and bolts of running your photography business most efficiently and profitably? In this 4-part series spread across two evenings, we'll touch on four topics vital to your photo business here in the Northwest and get you started in the right direction: Licensing & Copyright; Taxes, Accounting, & Record-keeping; Website SEO & Content Marketing; Social Media Marketing.
At roughly an hour each, don't expect to become an expert on any of these topics but do expect to come away with a foundation of knowledge, great ideas to start with, and info on where to find out more. Don't know what you don't know? This will be a great event to get you started. APA members receive discounted admission. Not a member? Join Here.
When / What (speakers subject to change):
Night One, Wednesday May 2, 2018 - Doing Business in WA State & Maximizing Your Revenue through the Power of Copyright & Licensing
- 6:30-7:30: “Copyright & Licensing: What, Why, and How.” Mark Wittow, Partner at K&L Gates, brought to us by WA Lawyers for the Arts. Mr. Wittow is a partner in the Seattle office of K&L Gates, and focuses on intellectual property and technology transactions and counseling. He is also an adjunct professor at the University of Washington and Seattle University law schools, where he teaches Advanced Copyright Law and Arts Legal Clinic courses.
- 7:45-8:45: “Taxes, Accounting, and Record-keeping for Small Business Photographers.” Luke Frye, Principal at Timber Tax, specializing in small business accounting, operations, and tax services for freelancers and consultants. "Timber thinks about digital design and how to implement the best experience in tax services while ensuring an optimal tax situation for each client. We work to save you money and avoid paying unnecessary taxes, interest, and penalties."
Night Two, Tuesday May 15, 2018 - Growing Your Business through Greater Visibility on the Web & Social Media
- 6:30-7:30: “Website SEO & Content Marketing: Getting the Most Attention in a Crowded Room.” Marko Wollschlaeger, Founding Partner at Seattle digital marketing firm Wolfson Digital. "Wolfson Digital Marketing helps companies get new customers and sales through high-impact, cost-efficient digital marketing consulting—primarily content marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, affiliate marketing, and conversion rate optimization (CRO)."
- 7:45-8:45: “Social Media Marketing: What it Is, What it Isn’t, and Getting Started Most Effectively." A panel discussion featuring Art Director Rachel VanBuskirk, Creative Director Oscar Dahl, and Director of Marketing & Analytics Leif Espelund from Seattle social media marketing firm Project Bionic. "Project Bionic is your brand's social media team. We are a group of experts who create and execute a full-service, comprehensive social media plan. We are writers, designers, analysts, and community managers with years of experience crafting an engaging, ROI-driven online voice amid the social clutter. If it's social, we do it. Excellently." Come prepared with your own questions for the panel!
Where: Glazer's Camera 2nd floor classroom space, 811 Republican St., Seattle, 98109
Cost / Registration:
- APA members, $25 each night or $40 both nights
- non-members, $35 each night or $60 both nights
- not an APA member but want to save money on these? Join APA Here.
Click Here to Register for One or Both Nights!